Vine's home made pizza sauce recipe
· 3 Large Cloves of Garlic Finely chopped,
· 1 Medium Onion, Diced
· 2 - 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil,
· 2 Tins Diced Tomatoes/ 10 Diced Tomatoes,
· 175ml Red Wine,
· Handful Fresh Basil, Finely Chopped, If dried 1 Tbsp,
· Handful Fresh Oregano, Finely Chopped, If dried 1 Tbsp,
· 2 Bay leaves,
· 2 Tbsp Tomato Puree,
1. Heat the Olive oil in a Large frying pan/Skillet until very hot.
2. Add onions and stir until soft and slightly brown.Turn down the heat and add the garlic and Red wine. Leave for 1-2 mins.
3. Add tomatoes, basil, oregano, and bay leaves, turn the heat down and leave to simmer for approx 5 mins stirring occasionally. If using fresh tomatoes allow them to reduce slowly, this will take approx 20 mins.
4. Once mixture has simmered add puree and stir in, simmer for a further 5 mins.
5. Remove from the heat and cool. Sauce can be refrigerated for use later on, If using for Pizza topping use a blender until smooth and spread on pizza using the back of a spoon. If using for bolognese, brown mince and add when ready.